43.4 g of mercury oxide (||) was decomposed. Calculate the number of moles of oxygen formed by the reaction
September 14, 2021
The decomposition equation for mercury oxide: 2HgO = 2Hg + O2.
1) The molecular weight of mercury is: 200.6.
2) Molecular weight of oxygen: 16.
3) Molecular weight of mercury oxide: 200.6 + 16 = 216.6.
4) The amount of mercury oxide substance: 43.4 / 216.6 = 0.2 mol.
5) The amount of oxygen is equal to: 0.2 / 2 = 0.1 mol – the answer.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.