An iron wire weighing 5.6 g was burned in an atmosphere of oxygen taken in excess. As a result, an iron scale weighing 6.5 g was obtained. What is the reaction yield?
3Fe + 2O2 = Fe3O4.
1) Determine the molar mass of iron according to the periodic table: 56.
2) Find the amount of iron substance. For this, the mass of iron is divided by its molar mass: 5.6 / 56 = 0.1 mol.
3) According to the reaction equation, there is one mole of iron scale for three moles of iron. This means that the amount of scale substance is: 3 * 0.1 = 0.3 mol.
4) We calculate the molar mass of iron oxide: 56 * 3 + 16 * 4 = 232.
5) Find the mass of iron oxide: 0.3 * 232 = 69.6 g.
6) Find the product yield: 6.5 * 100 / 69.6 = 9.3% – the answer.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.