Calculate the mass of magnesium chloride, which is obtained by the interaction of 64 g of magnesium with hydrochloric acid.
March 27, 2021
We compose the equation of the proceeding reaction:
2HCl + Mg = MgCl2 + H2.
1) According to the periodic table, the molar mass of magnesium is 24.
2) Find the amount of magnesium substance. For this, the mass of magnesium is divided by its molar mass: 64/24 = 2.7 mol.
3) According to the reaction equation, one mole of magnesium accounts for one mole of magnesium chloride. This means that the amount of magnesium chloride substance is 2.7 mol.
4) Molar mass of magnesium chloride: 24 + 35.5 * 2 = 95.
5) Mass of magnesium chloride: 95 * 2.7 = 256.5 g – the answer.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.