Calculate the volume of gas that will be released if 5 gr. sodium to dissolve in 200 gr. 50% sulfuric acid solution?
September 14, 2021
2Na + H2SO4 = Na2SO4 + H2.
1) Molar mass of sodium: 23.
2) The amount of sodium substance: 5/23 = 0.22 mol.
3) Mass of sulfuric acid solute: 200 * 50/100 = 100g.
4) Molar mass of sulfuric acid: 2 + 32 + 64 = 98.
5) Amount of sulfuric acid substance: 100/98 = 1.02 mol.
Lack of sodium. The calculation is carried out on it.
6) According to the reaction equation, there is one mole of hydrogen for two moles of sodium. This means that the amount of hydrogen substance is: 0.22 * 2 = 0.44 mol.
7) The volume of hydrogen: 0.44 * 22.4 = 9.856 liters – the answer.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.