Let’s write down the solution:
1. Let’s compose the reaction equation:
Fe2O3 + 3H2 = 2Fe + 3H2O – redox reaction, iron is obtained;
2. Let’s define the molar masses of substances:
M (H2) = 2 g / mol;
M (Fe) = 55.8 g / mol;
3. Let us calculate the number of moles of Fe, if the mass is known:
Y (Fe) = m / M = 25 / 55.8 = 0.45 mol;
4. Let’s make the proportion using the given reaction equations:
X mol (H2) – 0.45 mol (Fe);
-3 mol -2 mol hence, X mol (H2) = 3 * 0.45 / 2 = 0.67 mol;
5. Determine the volume of hydrogen, applying Avogadro’s law:
V (H2) = 0.67 * 22.4 = 15 liters.
Answer: 15 liters of hydrogen is required to carry out the reaction.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.