Find the angles of an isosceles triangle if you know that the angle at the base is 1/6 of the angle between the sides.
July 29, 2021 | education|
1. Let’s denote the degree measure of the angle at the base through x.
2. Determine the degree measure of the angle between the lateral sides:
6 * x = 6x.
3. Since the sum of the angles of the triangle is 180˚, compose and solve the equation:
6x + x + x = 180˚;
8x = 180˚;
x = 180˚: 8;
x = 22.5˚.
4. The degree measure of the angle at the base is x = 22.5˚.
5. What is the degree measure of the angle between the sides?
6 * x = 6 * 22.5˚ = 135˚.
Answer: the angles of an isosceles triangle are 22.5˚, 135˚, 22.5˚.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.