1. Let’s denote the length of the rectangle by A cm, and the width by B cm.
2. Then from the first condition of the problem we will compose the first equation: A – B = 10.
3. The semi-perimeter of a rectangle is equal to the sum of its length and its width. That is, in accordance with the second condition of the problem, we will compose the second equation: A + B = 26.
4. Add the first and second equations. We get: 2 * A = 36. Hence A = 18 cm.
5. From the first equation of the problem B = A – 10 = 18 – 10 = 8 cm.
6. The area of the rectangle S is equal to the product of its length by its width:
S = A * B = 18 * 8 = 144 cm2.
Answer: the area of the rectangle is 144 cm2.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.