How did the system of the world, created by Copernicus, differ from the system of the world
1. How did the system of the world, created by Copernicus, differ from the system of the world according to Ptolemy? 2. What are the merits of J. Bruno in the development of views about the Universe? 3. What contribution did Galileo make to the study of the structure of the universe? 4. What model of the universe does modern science offer? 5. What is a galaxy?
1. Ptolemy takes the Earth as the reference body, and Copernicus – the Sun.
2. Giordano Bruno devoted his life to the dissemination and development of the teachings of N. Copernicus.
3. Galileo Galilei published a book in which he defended the teachings of Copernicus and refuted the teachings of Ptolemy.
4. Our Earth is part of the Solar System, which is part of a galaxy (a giant cluster of stars). Our and others
galaxies, in turn, form clusters of galaxies, and they are superclusters. …
5. Galaxy – a giant cluster of stars.