ω1 (KOH) = 25%
V (H2O) = 400 ml
ω2 (KOH) = 15%
m1 solution (KOH) -?
1) Let m1 solution (KOH) = (x) z;
2) m1 (KOH) = ω1 (KOH) * m1 solution (KOH) / 100% = 25% * x / 100% = (0.25x) g;
3) m2 (KOH) = m1 (KOH) = (0.25x) g;
4) m (H2O) = ρ (H2O) * V (H2O) = 1 * 400 = 400 g;
5) m2 solution (KOH) = m1 solution (KOH) + m (H2O) = (x + 400) g;
6) ω2 (KOH) = m2 (KOH) * 100% / m2 solution (KOH);
15% = 0.25x * 100% / (x + 400);
x = 600;
7) m1 solution (KOH) = x = 600 g.
Answer: The mass of the KOH solution is 600 g.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.