1. Let’s write the equation of the reaction of interaction of barium with nitric acid:
Ba + 2HNO3 = Ba (NO3) 2 + H2;
1. Let’s find the mass of pure barium:
74 * 0.81 = 59.94 grams;
1. Let’s find the amount of substance in barium:
59.94 / 137 = 0.44 mol;
1. Find the molecular weight of barium nitrate:
137 + 14 * 2 + 16 * 6 = 261 g / mol;
1. Before barium nitrate there is the same coefficient as before barium. This means that the amount of substance in barium nitrate is 0.44 mol. Let’s find the mass of barium nitrate:
261 * 0.44 = 114.84 grams;
Answer: The mass of barium nitrate is 114.84 grams.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.