Mixed 22 kg of a 15% acid solution and 18 kg of a 25% solution of the same acid. Determine the concentration of the new solution.
1) Find how much pure acid is contained in 22 kg of a 15% acid solution:
22 * 15% = 22 * 0.15 = 3.3 kg.
2) Find how much pure acid is contained in 18 kg of a 25% acid solution:
18 * 25% = 18 * 0.25 = 4.5 kg.
3) Find how many kilograms of pure acid are in the new solution:
3.3 + 4.5 = 7.8 kg.
4) Find the weight of the new solution:
22 + 18 = 40 kg.
5) Determine the concentration of the new solution:
7.8 * 100% / 40 = 19.5%.
Answer: The concentration of acid in the new solution is 19.5%.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.