1. Let’s denote one side of the rectangle through x m.
2. Determine the length of the second side of the rectangle:
1.5 * x = 1.5x m.
3. Let’s compose and solve the equation
x * 1.5x = 96;
1.5x ^ 2 = 96;
x ^ 2 = 96: 1.5;
x ^ 2 = 64;
x = 8 or -8.
-8 – does not meet the condition of the problem.
4. One side of the rectangle is x = 8 m.
5. How long is the second side of the rectangle?
1.5 * x = 1.5 * 8 = 12 m.
Answer: the sides of the rectangle are 8 m, 12 m.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.