Poured off 300 ml of 2 m and 200 ml of 8 m sulfuric acid solution. calculate the molar concentration of the resulting solution.
V1 solution (H2SO4) = 300 ml = 0.3 l
Cm1 (H2SO4) = 2 M
V2 solution (H2SO4) = 200 ml = 0.2 l
Cm2 (H2SO4) = 8 M
Cm3 (H2SO4) -?
1) n1 (H2SO4) = Cm1 (H2SO4) * V1 solution (H2SO4) = 2 * 0.3 = 0.6 mol;
2) n2 (H2SO4) = Cm2 (H2SO4) * V2 solution (H2SO4) = 8 * 0.2 = 1.6 mol;
3) n3 (H2SO4) = n1 (H2SO4) + n2 (H2SO4) = 0.6 + 1.6 = 2.2 mol;
4) V3 solution (H2SO4) = V1 solution (H2SO4) + V2 solution (H2SO4) = 0.3 + 0.2 = 0.5 l;
5) Cm3 (H2SO4) = n3 (H2SO4) / V3 solution (H2SO4) = 2.2 / 0.5 = 4.4 M.
Answer: The molar concentration of H2SO4 is 4.4 M.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.