The alloy consists of 19 parts aluminum and 2 parts magnesium by weight. What is the mass of an alloy if it contains 34 kg less magnesium than aluminum?
1. Let’s denote one part by x.
2. Determine the mass of aluminum in the alloy:
19 * x = 19x kg.
3. Find out the mass of magnesium in the alloy:
2 * x = 2x kg.
4. Let’s compose and solve the equation.
19x – 2x = 34;
17x = 34;
x = 34: 17;
x = 2.
5. One part is equal to x = 2.
6. What is the mass of aluminum in the alloy?
19 * x = 19 * 2 = 38 kg.
7. What is the mass of magnesium in the alloy?
2 * x = 2 * 2 = 4 kg.
8. What is the mass of the alloy?
38 + 4 = 42 kg.
Answer: the mass of the alloy is 42 kg.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.