The body is thrown vertically from the ground above the pit at a speed of 20 m / s. Where will the body be in 5 seconds? The depth of the pit is 30 m.
Given: V0 (throwing speed) = 20 m / s; t (considered travel time) = 5 s; h2 (pit depth) = 30 m.
Constants: g (acceleration due to gravity) ≈ 10 m / s2.
1) Duration of vertical rise: t1 = V0 / g = 20/10 = 2 s.
2) Lift height: h1 = V0 * t / 2 = 20 * 2/2 = 20 m.
3) Remaining time for falling: Δt = t – t1 = 5 – 2 = 3 s.
4) Distance traveled during the fall: S = g * Δt ^ 2/2 = 10 * 3 ^ 2/2 = 45 m.
5) Location of the body after 5 s: Δh = h1 + h2 – S = 20 + 30 – 45 = 5 m.
Answer: After 5 s, the body will be at a depth of 25 m (5 m above the level of the pit).
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.