The degree measures of the angles of the triangle are in the ratio 4: 5: 6. Find the degree measure of the smallest of the angles.
1. Vertices of the triangle – A, B, C.
2. Suppose ∠А: ∠В: ∠С = 4: 5: 6.
3. We take as x the number of degrees per part.
4. We draw up an equation, taking into account that the total value of the interior angles of the triangle is 180 °:
4x + 5x + 6x = 180 °;
15x = 180 °; x = 12 °.
5. We calculate the value of the degree measures of the angles of the triangle ABC:
∠A = 4 x 12 = 48 °.
∠B = 5 x 12 = 60 °.
∠C = 6 x 12 = 72 °.
The smallest of them is ∠A.
Answer: ∠А = 48 ° – the smallest of all the interior angles of the triangle ABC.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.