1. Vertices of the rectangle A, B, C, D. AD = 16 centimeters.
2. AB: AD = 3: 4. AB = 3AD / 4.
3. We calculate the length of the side AB:
AB = 3 x 16: 4 = 12 centimeters.
4. Considering that, according to the properties of a rectangle, its opposite sides are equal, the perimeter (P) of this geometric figure is calculated by the formula:
P = 2 (AB + AD) = 2 (12 + 16) = 56 centimeters.
5. We calculate the area (S) of a given geometric figure:
S = AB x AD = 12 x 16 = 192 centimeters².
Answer: P = 56 centimeters, S = 192 centimeters².
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.