Two people departed from point A and B. One on foot, the other on a bike. At the same time, a car left B for A and met a cyclist in 4 hours, and a pedestrian in 5 hours. Find the distance from A to B knowing that the speed of a pedestrian is 6 km / h, and a cyclist is 15 km / h
1. We calculate how many kilometers the cyclist traveled before meeting the car:
15 x 4 = 60 kilometers.
2. The pedestrian walked before the meeting with the car:
6 x 5 = 30 kilometers.
3. We take the distance between the settlements as x.
4. The car traveled 4 hours before the meeting point with a cyclist (x – 60) kilometers, with a pedestrian – 5 hours (x – 30) kilometers.
5. Let’s compose the equation:
(x – 60) / 4 = (x – 30) / 5;
5x – 300 = 4x – 120;
x = 180 kilometers.
Answer: 180 kilometers between settlements.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.