What mass of hydrogen is formed during the complete decomposition of 47 g of methane if the mass fraction of the hydrogen yield was 79%?
The decomposition of methane: CH4 = C + 2H2.
1) Find the molar mass of methane according to the periodic table: 12 + 1 * 4 = 16.
2) Find the amount of methane substance. To do this, divide the mass of methane by its molar mass: 36/16 = 2.25 mol.
3) According to the equation of the amount of methane and hydrogen substances, the ratio is 1: 2. This means that the amount of hydrogen substance is: 2.25 / 2 = 1.125 mol.
4) Theoretical mass of hydrogen yield: 1.125 * 2 = 2.25g.
5) Practical mass of hydrogen yield: 2.25 * 79/100 = 1.8 g – answer.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.