When crossing piebald rabbits with completely colored – in the offspring only piebald rabbits. F2 has 23 piebald bunnies and 8 solid-colored bunnies. What is the dominant feature? How many of the 23 piebald rabbits are homozygous?
If in the first crossing all the rabbits turned out with the same trait, then the parental individuals were homozygous for the color trait. The rabbits inherited one gene from each parent, and all of them showed a gene responsible for piebald coloration. The proof that piebald color is dominant is the birth of 23 piebald bunnies, which is about 75% of all offspring. The remaining 8 rabbits (approximately 25%) have inherited the recessive gene for solid color. Of the 23 individuals, 25% will be homozygous, which is about 5 or 6 rabbits.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.