Which of the following substances will acetylene react with: water, sodium, hydrogen, hydrogen chloride, oxygen? Write the reaction equations and name the reaction products
In accordance with the condition of the task, we will write down the processes:
1. С2Н2 + Н2О = Н2С = СНОН = Н3С – СОН – hydration, vinyl alcohol is released, an unstable compound, after the isomerization process, acetaldehyde is obtained;
2. C2H2 + 2Na = Na – CH = CH – Na + H2 – addition, sodium acetylinide was formed;
3. C2H2 + H2 = H2C = CH2 – hydrogenation, ethylene is released;
4. C2H2 + HCl = H3C = CHCl – halogenation, vinyl chloride was obtained;
5. 2С2Н2 + 5О2 = 2СО2 + 2Н2О + Q – combustion is accompanied by the release of heat, carbon dioxide, water.
These processes show the ability of acetylene to enter into reactions due to the breaking of the pi-bond.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.