Ammonium chloride weighing 10.7 g was mixed with 6 g of calcium hydroxide and the mixture was heated. Indicate the gas that will be released in this case and calculate its volume
m (NH4Cl) = 10.7 g
m (Ca (OH) 2) = 6 g
V (gas) -?
1) 2NH4Cl + Ca (OH) 2 => CaCl2 + 2NH3 ↑ + 2H2O;
2) n (NH4Cl) = m / M = 10.7 / 53.5 = 0.2 mol;
3) n (Ca (OH) 2) = m / M = 6/74 = 0.08 mol;
4) n (NH3) = n (Ca (OH) 2) * 2 = 0.08 * 2 = 0.16 mol;
5) V (NH3) = n * Vm = 0.16 * 22.4 = 3.6 liters.
Answer: The NH3 volume is 3.6 liters.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.