As a result of processing, the weight of the part has decreased from 2.5 kg to 2.2 kg. How many percent has the weight of the part decreased?
1) We take the mass of the part before processing as 100%.
2) Let x% be the mass of the part after processing.
3) Then let’s make a record:
2.5 kg – 100%,
2.2 kg – x%.
4) Let’s compose and solve the proportion:
2.5: 2.2 = 100: x.
According to the main property of the proportion, you can write:
2.5 * x = 2.2 * 100;
2.5x = 220;
x = 220: 2.5;
x = 88.
5) We get that the mass of the part after processing will be 88% of its initial mass.
6) Let’s calculate by what percentage the mass of the part will be reduced:
100 – 88 = 12%.
Answer: The weight of the part after processing will decrease by 12%.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.