The equation of the proceeding reaction:
Na2SO4 + CaCl = 2NaCl + CaSO4.
1) According to the periodic table, we calculate the molar mass of sodium sulfate: 23 * 2 + 32 + 16 * 4 = 142.
2) Find the amount of sodium sulfate substance. To do this, divide the mass of sulfate by its molar mass: 40/142 = 0.28 mol.
3) According to the reaction equation, there is one mole of calcium sulfate for one mole of sodium sulfate. This means that the amount of the substance of the precipitate is 0.28 mol.
4) Find the molar mass of calcium sulfate: 40 + 32 + 64 = 136.
5) Find the mass of the draft. For this, the amount of calcium sulfate substance is multiplied by the molar mass: 0.28 * 136 = 38.08 g – the answer.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.