Describe the phenomenon of liquid boiling. What determines the boiling point of a given liquid?

Evaporation is the process by which water changes from a liquid to a gas or vapor. Evaporation is the main pathway for the transfer of water from a liquid state back to the water cycle as atmospheric water vapor. Oceans, seas, lakes and rivers provide almost 90% of the moisture in the atmosphere through evaporation, and the remaining 10% comes from plant transpiration.

Evaporation requires heat (energy). Energy is used to break the bonds that hold water molecules together, so water evaporates easily at boiling point (100 ° C), but evaporates much more slowly at freezing point. Pure evaporation occurs when the evaporation rate exceeds the condensation rate.


One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.