1. Let us denote the degree measure of the smaller of the adjacent angles by x.
2. Determine the degree measure of the larger angle:
(x + 138˚).
3. Since the sum of adjacent angles is 180˚, compose and solve the equation:
(x + 138˚) + x = 180˚;
x + 138˚ + x = 180˚;
2x + 138˚ = 180˚;
2x = 180˚ – 138˚;
2x = 42˚;
x = 42˚: 2;
x = 21˚.
4. The degree measure of the smaller of the adjacent angles is x = 21˚.
5. What is the degree measure of the larger angle?
x + 138˚ = 21˚ + 138˚ = 159˚.
Answer: the degree of the smaller angle is 21˚, the degree of the larger angle is 159˚.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.