Iron reacts with sulfuric acid solution. The mass of the solution is 245 g, the mass fraction of the acid in the solution is 29%. Find the volume of hydrogen.
Fe + H2SO4 = FeSO4 + H2.
1) Find the mass of the solute of sulfuric acid in its solution. To do this, we multiply the mass fraction of the substance by the mass of the solution and divide by one hundred percent: 245 * 29/100 = 71.05 g.
2) Molar mass of sulfuric acid: 1 * 2 + 32 + 16 * 4 = 98.
3) Find the amount of sulfuric acid substance. To do this, divide the mass of the acid by its molar mass: 71.05 / 98 = 0.725 mol.
4) According to the reaction equation, there is one mole of hydrogen per mole of sulfuric acid. This means that the amount of hydrogen substance is 0.725 mol.
5) Find the volume of hydrogen. To do this, we multiply the amount of hydrogen substance by the molar volume: 0.725 * 22.4 = 16.24 liters – the answer.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.