One side of the triangle is half the size of the other and 3 cm less than the third. Find the sides of a triangle if its perimeter is 23 cm.
1. Let’s denote the length of the first side of the triangle through x cm.
2. Determine the length of the second side of the triangle:
2 * x = 2x cm.
3. Find out what the length of the third side of the triangle is equal to:
(x + 3) cm.
4. Let’s compose and solve the equation:
2x + x + (x + 3) = 23;
2x + x + x + 3 = 23;
4x + 3 = 23;
4x = 23 – 3;
4x = 20;
x = 20: 4;
x = 5.
5. The length of the first side of the triangle is 5 cm.
6. How long is the second side of the triangle?
2 * 5 = 10 (cm).
7. What is the length of the third side of the triangle?
5 + 3 = 8 (cm).
Answer: the sides of the triangle are 5 cm, 10 cm, 8 cm.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.