Sodium oxide weighing 24.8 g reacted with 18.25 g of hydrochloric acid. Determine the mass of the formed salt.
July 31, 2021 | education|
m (Na2O) = 24.8 g
m (HCl) = 18.25 g
m (salt) -?
1) Na2O + 2HCl => 2NaCl + H2O;
2) n (Na2O) = m / M = 24.8 / 62 = 0.4 mol;
3) n (HCl) = m / M = 18.25 / 36.5 = 0.5 mol;
4) n (NaCl) = n (HCl) = 0.5 mol;
5) m (NaCl) = n * M = 0.5 * 58.5 = 29.25 g.
Answer: The mass of NaCl is 29.25 g.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.