Sulfur (4) oxide was passed through the solution, which contains 11.6 potassium hydroxide, until the alkali was completely neutralized. What is the mass and amount of salt substances that have turned out?
m (KOH) = 11.6 g
m (salt) -?
n (salt) -?
1) 2KOH + SO2 => K2SO3 + H2O;
2) M (KOH) = Mr (KOH) = Ar (K) * N (K) + Ar (O) * N (O) + Ar (H) * N (H) = 39 * 1 + 16 * 1 + 1 * 1 = 56 g / mol;
M (K2SO3) = Mr (K2SO3) = Ar (K) * N (K) + Ar (S) * N (S) + Ar (O) * N (O) = 39 * 2 + 32 * 1 + 16 * 3 = 158 g / mol;
3) n (KOH) = m (KOH) / M (KOH) = 11.6 / 56 = 0.2 mol;
4) n (K2SO3) = n (KOH) / 2 = 0.2 / 2 = 0.1 mol;
5) m (K2SO3) = n (K2SO3) * M (K2SO3) = 0.1 * 158 = 15.8 g.
Answer: The mass of K2SO3 is 15.8 g; the amount of substance is 0.1 mol.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.