The area of a square is equal to the area of a rectangle with one side 3 cm larger than the side of the square and the other 2 cm less than the side of the square. Find the sides of the rectangle
1. The length of the side of the square is x centimeters.
2. One side of the rectangle (x + 3) centimeters.
3. The other side of it.
(x – 2) centimeters.
4. Determine the area of the square.
x * x = x cm².
5. What is the area of the rectangle?
(x + 3) * (x – 2) = x² – 2x + 3x – 6 = (x² + x – 6) cm².
6. Find the side of the square.
x² = x² + x – 6;
x² – x² + 6 = x;
6 = x;
Answer: One side of the rectangle is x + 3 = 6 + 3 = 9 centimeters, the other is x – 2 =
= 6 – 2 = 4 centimeters.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.