1) What made the people of the ancient world acquire geographical knowledge? 2) Where and when did geographical science originate? who is considered to be its founder? 3) What directions of development of geography developed in ancient Greece? 4) In which countries did geography develop most successfully in the Middle Ages?
1) our ancient ancestors needed geographical knowledge in order to find the most favorable natural places for living and hunting, as well as for orientation in the area;
2) geography originated in Ancient Greece; the ancient Greek scientist Eratosthenes;
3) regional geography, geography, cartography, ecology;
4) geography in the Middle Ages developed most successfully in the Arab states, India and China. This is due not only to travelers, but also to merchant activities.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.