Let’s write down the solution of the transformation chain for organic substances:
1. СН3СООNa + NaOH = CH4 + Na2CO3 – exchange, methane was obtained;
2. CH4 + Br2 = CH3Br + HBr – substitution, bromomethane is released;
3. 2CH3Br + 2Na = C2H6 + 2NaBr – ethane obtained by the Wurtz reaction;
4. 2С2Н6 + 7О2 = 4СО2 + 6Н2О + Q – combustion, heat, carbon dioxide, water is released;
5. СО2 + С = 2СО – ОВР, carbon monoxide (2) was obtained;
6. CO + 3H2 = CH4 + H2O – ORP, methane was formed;
7. CH4 + Cl2 = CH3Cl + HCl – substitutions, methane chloride was obtained;
8. СН3Cl + 2Na + C2H5Cl = C3H8 + 2NaCl – propane was formed during the Wurtz reaction.
These reactions show the relationship between homologues of methane, as well as organic substances with inorganic ones.
One of the components of a person's success in our time is receiving modern high-quality education, mastering the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for life in society. A person today needs to study almost all his life, mastering everything new and new, acquiring the necessary professional qualities.